Debutsav (DELHI) 2019
Created at 2019-08-03 Updated at 2023-03-08
I came across an event name “Devutsav” that was happening in Delhi. I submitted a talk on “Getting Started with Open Source”. This talk was targetted to people who wanted to know the right path. In this talk, i shared my experience and approach that I carried out for the different organizations. Some of the takeaway points that I want to mention are as below
- Try to target the project or library that you work on your daily life too
- Find your mentor. look for people who are active on that project/organization
- Do your homework before asking any question to your mentor.
- Try to find an issue that is marked with the label as “first issue” like these
- Have patience while waiting for the reply from the other end
- Try to ask as many questions as possible so that you are clear with the scope of work.